Program Directors usually work under the supervision of a Director or the Executive to provide program development and leadership.
Program Director – Briarwood Retreat Center
The Mission of Briarwood Retreat Center: A natural setting where people experience God’s love.
The Program Director will further the mission of Briarwood by providing creative leadership to the program ministry of Briarwood and oversee summer camp, day camp, events and hosted retreats.
The Program Director, as a member of the Ministry Team and under the direction of the Executive Director, will manage program staff, develop proactive goals, provide clear and positive communication, participate enthusiastically in camp activities and provide direction to all program staff to make certain that Briarwood’s resources are offered to individuals and groups, ensuring that all things are in order for guests to have a productive, healthy, safe, and enjoyable time.
- Strong personal commitment to Christian faith and ability to share this faith others
• An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred
• Two years’ experience in an outdoor, or comparable, ministry setting
• Certifications in lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid, Co-op Course and High Ropes is preferred or willingness to obtain
• Familiarity with ELCA theology, congregations, agencies and structures and able to support ELCA teachings in all Briarwood activities
• Demonstrated ability to work well with others, greet guests and respond to their needs in a pleasant and respectful manner.
• Self-motivated to initiate new projects and an ability to follow through on details to carry out programs
• Possess a Texas Driver’s license (or willing to obtain) with an unrestricted driving record
• Willing to submit to criminal background checks
• Must meet minimum age and experience requirements set forth by the American Camping Association Accreditation Standards
Director of Programs – Lutherhill Ministries
The Director of Programs will further the mission of Lutherhill Ministries through the creation and execution of program activities and events. This person serves on the Leadership Team and oversees the year-round program of Lutherhill Ministries at our two sites: Lutherhill Camp – La Grange and Zion Retreat Center – Galveston Island, Texas. Programs include both overnight and day summer camps for youth as well as year-round retreats for participants of various ages.
Online Job Description: