Executive Directors function as the chief executive officer for the organization with responsibility for overall leadership in the organization. Responsibilities typically include leadership in the areas of administration, program, financial development and planning. Executive directors report directly to the board of directors.
Executive Director – Lutheran Lakeside Camp
Spirit Lake, Iowa
Lutheran Lakeside Camp has continued to evolve and served the LLC member congregations and the broader community since 1960. We are in search of an individual that possesses the faith and leadership skills that can help grow the ministries of Lutheran Lakeside.
Lutheran Lakeside Camp nurtures personal spiritual growth by providing unique opportunities to experience the love and community of Jesus Christ in a joyful environment.
We welcome all people to experience Christian community and grow in faith, rooted in a spacious lakeside setting.
The Executive Director of Lutheran Lakeside Camp provides management and oversight for all operations to include: implementing its vision, guiding its planning, managing its staff, practicing fiscal stewardship, fundraising and marketing.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, university or seminary or equivalent work experience; At least five years in an organizational leadership position.
- Experience in budget development and financial management.
- Experience in raising funds including annual gifts and major gifts.
- Experience in providing oversight in hospitality, accommodations, food service and guest services.
- Experience in leadership development and programming.
- Experience in camp/retreat based Christian Ministry preferred.
- Ability to relate to LLC Association clergy and lay members, three synod bishops and synod staff, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America Outdoor Ministry staff, Lutheran Outdoor Ministry Region 5 team
- An active faith in Jesus Christ through membership in an ELCA congregation
- Commitment to Word and Service ministry and a servant leadership style
Tom Egts, President Lutheran Lakeside Board
Executive Director – Riverside Lutheran Bible Camp
Story City, IA
1. Champion the overall vision and direction of Riverside Lutheran Bible Camp under the Board of Directors.
2. Provide day-to-day leadership and oversight for the staff of Riverside Lutheran Bible Camp.
3. Oversee the various components of the ministry of Riverside Lutheran Bible Camp including program, retreat ministry, development, and operational, financial and facility management.
4. Serve as a key communicator of the mission of Riverside Lutheran Bible Camp to various constituencies including individuals, churches, local organizations, government units, and other organizations.
5. Responsible for insuring all camp licensing regulations and legal requirements are met and that a safe environment is maintained for all campers, guests, and staff.
1. Extensive (5+ years) leadership in ministry with some background in, and a heart for, camping ministry.
2. Be a member of a Lutheran church and familiar with the structure and operations of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America, the Lutheran Church in Mission for Christ and the National Association of Lutheran Churches.
3. Be involved in his or her church and engaged in community organizations as time permits
Online link to Job Description: