Lutheran Outdoor Ministries encourages, educates, equips, and empowers bold and faithful outdoor ministry leaders for service in the Church and the world.
Strong, faith- led outdoor ministries led by capable servant leaders.
Core Value Statements
Lutheran Outdoor Ministries values…
- the power of the Holy Spirit calling us to faithfully witness to the good news of Jesus Christ in outdoor and service learning centers. We seek to be Christ-centered and theologically grounded.
- its commitment to walk faithfully with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and other churches as they seek to express their faith and witness in a changing world. We seek to be an integral partner in mission.
- its understanding that God calls us to serve all people. We seek to be diverse and inclusive.
- its openness to grow in faith, spirit, and vision to respond to the changing needs of our church and community through exciting, nurturing programs. We seek to be innovative, timely, intentional, and creative.
- its commitment to strengthen relationships within and beyond the outdoor ministry network. We seek to be a connecting point for people, grounded in relationships.
- its dedication to educational excellence. We seek to be a provider of education, support and consultation for outdoor ministry sites and leaders.
- its emphasis on hospitality. We seek to practice servanthood, discipleship, and creation stewardship.