Join us for the LOM Learning Events, which are typically held each fall. The learning events give outdoor ministry professionals the opportunity to learn new skills, enhance their understanding of administration and programming of camps, and network with others across the country in similar job positions. Here is a list of upcoming Leadership Training Events:
- Dates: November 2-6, 2017
- Place: Rainbow Trail Lutheran Camp
Purpose: The purpose of the Leadership Training Event (LTE) is to provide an entry-level educational opportunity for outdoor ministry professionals. The LTE helps to develop well-trained, committed and diverse outdoor ministry professionals, enhance the quality of outdoor ministry programs, support professionals through formal and informal learning and assist in the retention of professionals in the network.
- Connect foundation Lutheran theology and worship practices with outdoor ministry philosophy.
- To develop and clarify a personal philosophy of outdoor ministries as it relates to the church.
- To educate participants in basic, sound operating outdoor ministry principles.
- To provide information about outdoor ministry administration and program.
- To support outdoor ministry professionals by providing networking opportunities through formal and informal learning settings.
- To engage all participants in challenging dialogue about the purpose of outdoor ministries.
- To inspire and encourage outdoor ministry professionals in their calling to ministry.
Why is it important? Outdoor ministry plays a critical role in forming faith, making disciples and developing leaders. The LTE provides:
- Integration of Lutheran theology and outdoor ministry practice.
- Educational opportunities in core areas of both camp administration and program.
- A format and schedule that offers a wide variety of general information in effective leadership.
- Support and encouragement for each other responding to Christ’s call to discipleship.
- Connections that allow opportunities for informal mentoring.
- A foundation and understanding of where to begin and where to go.
- A setting for honest discussion about the joys and challenges that face professionals and organization.
Who will attend?
- Those new to outdoor ministries, searching for information and needing a general background of information.
- Those currently in outdoor ministries, but who would like additional education, information, or a different viewpoint.
- Those interested in year-round positions in outdoor ministries.
- Those interested in a well-rounded perspective of outdoor ministries.